The MPD32 is a MIDI-over-USB performance pad controller for DJs, programmers, producers, and other musicians. Built around the controls and technology from Akai Professional's industry-standard MPC series, the MPD32 is an expressive and intuitive instrument for the studio and stage.
The heart of the MPD32 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Pro exclusive. You can access four different banks of sounds from the MPC pads for a total of 64 sounds at your fingertips. The MPD32 also borrows the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time. You get eight assignable Q-Link faders, eight assignable Q-Link 360° knobs, and eight assignable Q-Link buttons so you'll spend less time with the mouse and more time making music. Even better, each Q-Link can access three different parameters for a total of 72 real-time Q-Links! You also get two assignable footswitch inputs and an expression-pedal input for even more ways to control and perform with the MPD32. The MPD32 also gives you a dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used DAW or sequencing-software controls.
• 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pad
• 4 pad banks for instant access to 64 samples total
• 8 Q-Link faders, 8 Q-Link knobs, 8 Q-Link buttons, all assignable
• 3 Q-Link banks for a total of 72 parameter controls
• 2 assignable footswitch inputs, 1 expression-pedal input
• Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, and Tap Tempo
• Class-compliant, USB-powered, no drivers or power adapter required
• 18 factory DAW presets, 11 user-assignable DAW presets
• Works with virtually any MIDI software or MIDI hardware
• Ableton Live Lite Akai Pro Edition included
• Large backlit custom LCD screen
• Dedicated transport control