The Akai MPD26 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller with genuine MPC pads. It's perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs. Its blend of intuitive MPC controls and technologies meshes with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making to the world of computer music production.
The heart of the MPD26 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Professional exclusive. You can access four different sounds from each MPC pad for a total of 64 at your fingertips. The MPD26 also features the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time. You get six assignable Q-Link faders and six assignable Q-Link 360 knobs so you'll spend less time with the mouse and more time making music. The MPD26 also gives you a dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used DAW or sequencing-software controls.
• 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads
• 4 pad banks for instant access to 64 samples total
• 6 assignable faders, 6 assignable Q-Link knobs
• Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, and Tap Tempo
• Class-compliant, USB-powered, no drivers or power adapter required
• 16 factory DAW presets, 13 user-assignable DAW presets
• Works with virtually any MIDI software or MIDI hardware
• Ableton Live Lite Akai Pro Edition included
• Large backlit custom LCD screen
• Dedicated transport controls